Wind Turbine Technician
Wind Turbine Technician Skills:
- Inspect or repair fiberglass turbine blades.
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind field substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, and fiber optic equipment.
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems according to test plans and in coordination with engineers.
- Assist in assembly of individual wind generators or construction of wind farms.
- Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
Median Annual Wind Turbine Technician Salary: $48,800
From O*NET 1/2016