Get Into Energy Test Prep Workshop
Pre-employment testing is a common requirement for many energy companies. CEWD has created a program specifically to help candidates prepare for EEI and similar pre-employment tests called the Get Into Energy Test Prep Workshop.
Test Prep Workshop
A CEWD member may be offering the in-person Get Into Energy Test Prep Workshop in your area. This is an approximately 20-25-hour program, specifically for the CAST, MASS, or POSS test. The focus would be on several of the following areas:
- Understanding mathematical usage
- Understanding mechanical concepts
- Spatial reasoning (assembling objects)
- Figural reasoning
- Reading comprehension
- Graphic arithmetic
Test Prep Resources
Math Computation & Basic Algebra
- To build on required math competencies needed to solve mathematical usage problems on the pre-employment tests, click here for quizzes and online instruction.
- CEWD has select passages from its Energy Industry Fundamentals course for the Get Into Energy Test Prep site to provide students with the opportunity to read energy industry-related passages.
- Reading Passsage One
- Reading Passage Two
- Reading Passage Three
- Let's Learn About Spatial Viz!
- Abstract Reasoning - The 3 Stages of Quickly Finding the Right Answer
- Logical Abstract Reasoning Test Tutorial
- How to Pass Inductive Reasoning Tests
EEI Practice Tests
- Candidates who are scheduled to take the CAST, MASS, and POSS tests have access to a practice test online. Many utilities post the practice tests on the employment section of their websites. Or, contact the testing coordinator with your potential employer to find out more.