Get Into Energy Math and Test Prep Program
Pre-employment testing is a common requirement for many energy companies. CEWD has created a program specifically to help candidates prepare for EEI and similar pre-employment tests. The Get Into Energy Math and Test Prep Workshop was designed utilizing a blended learning approach.
In-person Workshop: There is a 2 1/2-day instructor-led workshop focused on the following areas:
- Understanding mathematical usage
- Understanding mechanical concepts
- Spatial reasoning (assembling objects)
- Figural reasoning
- Reading comprehension
- Graphic arithmetic
Independent Study Portion: Several of these areas require math skills, such as computation and basic algebra. Candidates who may need to brush up on their math skills can complete this independent study program in advance of the in-person workshop. Instructors expect that individuals attending the workshop have already mastered the math competencies below:
- Adding or subtracting whole numbers of one or two digits
- Multiplying or dividing whole numbers of one or two digits
- Adding or subtracting whole numbers of three or more digits
- Multiplying or dividing whole numbers of three or more digits
- Adding or subtracting fractions
- Multiplying or dividing fractions
- Adding or subtracting decimals
- Multiplying or dividing decimals or computing percentages
- Converting fractions to decimals or vice versa
- Using simple formulas to solve for a single unknown
Get started with brushing up on your math skills!
Step 1: For each topic area for which you want to practice, take the quizzes provided.
Step 2: Grade your quizzes using the answer keys provided.
Step 3: Determine which types of problems were the most difficult and/or where you answered in error. These are the areas where you should concentrate your time.
Step 4: Complete the independent study programs for the most appropriate topics using the links provided to Khan Academy online instruction.
Step 5: Where applicable, take additional online practice tests to see if things go smoother than when you first took the quizzes. There are a wealth of free online and printable tests, which can be located by doing a simple internet search.
Section 1: Addition and Subtraction of Whole Numbers
Section 2: Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers
Section 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Section 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions
Section 5: Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
Section 6: Multiplication and Division of Decimals and Computing Percentages
Section 7: Conversion of Fractions to Decimals and Decimals to Fractions
Section 8: Using Simple Formulas to Solve for a Single Unknown